Wanting for one of the best WordPress themes for writers? While many modern themes are designed for companies, there are lots of impressive niche themes constructed especially for writers.
Themes for writers typically function clear, minimal designs, which you’ll see in the round-up under. Complexity in design isn’t everybody’s cup of tea and could be distracting when all you need is for readers to focus in your words.
One of the nice issues about WordPress is that it lets anyone build an internet site, so you possibly can concentrate on sharing your story freely. All you need is the fitting theme!
- 1 Prime 3 Greatest WordPress Themes for Writers
- 2 01. The Essence
- 3 02. Collecto
- 4 03. Hoffman
- 5 04. MyBlog
- 6 05. The Traveler
- 7 06. Good
- 8 07. Tulip
- 9 08. Wild Ebook
- 10 09. Literatum
- 11 10. Blogify
- 12 11. Narcos
- 13 12. Elegant
- 14 13. Infinite
- 15 14. Evoke
- 16 15. GraceUnderPressure
- 17 Last Thoughts
Prime 3 Greatest WordPress Themes for Writers
Earlier than we dig into the collection of greatest WordPress themes for writers under, let’s check out the highest three for 2019:
– An enormous number of blog layouts.
– Built-in social media functionality.
– Countless customization options.
– Beautiful fullwidth design for straightforward reading.
– Gallery choice for function photographs.
– Custom widget for current publish.
– Trendy, clear newspaper-inspired design.
– Beautiful typography.
– Phrase-driven format.
01. The Essence
The Essence is a chic, feature-rich theme, good for artistic varieties trying to construct a home on-line. Designed by Meridian Themes, it accommodates all the things you might want to create a pretty website for your blog or magazine.
This multipurpose theme comes with multiple layouts out of the field that you should use as-is or as a jumping off point for your personal content material. Writers will love The Essence’s format choices, including a single column choice that puts your weblog submit content material in the spotlight.
- 17 totally different blog layouts.
- Versatile format choices — and tons of them! You’ll be able to choose to have a single column (beneficial) or hold the sidebar.
- Customized sidebar widgets.
- Infinite customization choices for format, colors, typography, spacing, and extra.
- Responsive design appears great on any gadget.
- Built-in social media performance.
Worth: Begins at $59.
Collecto is a grid-based newspaper-inspired theme designed by the parents at Themes Kingdom. With its bespoke and minimal design, and a spotlight to element, this theme, based on the web site, “marries editorial joy with contemporary aesthetics.” Sounds good to me!
On the homepage, your latest publish is displayed first. When guests scroll right down to read your posts, the aspect columns on the left — writer identify and bio — and the fitting 一 earlier and next posts 一 comply with them.
- Dynamic grid system that lets your sticky posts take up two columns.
- Responsive design means your content material will show perfectly on any display measurement.
- The sidebar is tucked away and fluidly expands from the left edge.
- Exhibit your work in a up to date newspaper-style approach. The archive web page for portfolio shows your work in a grid.
- Set the fitting mood with a variety of typographic customization choices.
Worth: Begins at $59.
Hoffman is a trendy and superbly minimal WordPress theme for bloggers. It encompasses a simple fullwidth, single column design. However as far as running a blog themes go, the devil is within the particulars.
The featured pictures are fullwidth, which look nice. But understand that on desktop, function pictures prolong out to 1200px, so you’re going to wish some top quality pictures.
- Posts on the homepage display as excerpts, permitting your readers to “Read More” to see the complete submit.
- Rigorously crafted responsive design. Icon fonts makes positive it look great on any system.
- Constructed-in help for Jetpack’s infinite scroll performance and tiled gallery.
- Customized widgets for current posts with thumbnails, current comments with avatars, and a Flickr widget.
- Gallery submit format enables you to display pictures in an enormous slideshow at the prime of your posts.
My Weblog is a strong and flexible theme choice from the parents at WPKube. Built specifically for bloggers, it’s straightforward to use and adapt for the right writer’s website.
This can be a multipurpose theme and comes with a number of format options for blogs. Don’t like sidebars? Straightforward — transfer essential widgets into the footer. This keeps the extra features, without distracting from your content material.
- Tons of powerful theme options, supplying you with full control over format, colours, typography, spacing, and extra.
- Responsive design that looks great on any system.
- Show related posts to get more clicks and engagement on your blog.
- Web optimization-optimized. All it is advisable to do is select your key phrases and publish top quality content material.
- Nicely-designed social media icon units that will help you get more followers.
- Translation prepared — just add the required .PO information to get started.
Worth: Begins at $59.
05. The Traveler
The Traveler is a light-weight and modern theme that’s a superb selection for travel writers and bloggers. Designed by Meridian Themes, featured photographs display in a chic, grid-based display, which you’ll be able to overlay together with your all-important text.
Whether or not your visitors are utilizing a desktop, cellular, or something in between, The Traveler ensures that your content seems good every time with its responsive design. This is particularly essential for journey blog since your guests are more likely to be vacationers studying your website on smaller units!
- Grid-based format puts the main target the place it belongs — on your journey pictures.
- Constructed-in Instagram feed display enables you to share your latest Instagram posts — good for whenever you’re on the street.
- Customize colors, widgets and extra with the WordPress Customizer. Preview updates in real-time.
- A number of custom widgets, together with About Me, Instagram, and Social Media Profile widgets.
Worth: Begins at $49.
With a give attention to consumer expertise, Good is an effective (great, even!) minimalist theme by FancyThemes and offers a strong platform for creatives and writers. Promote your writing, artwork, images, sketches, and extra using this elegant yet effective portfolio-style theme.
The homepage contains a variation of a split-screen design with a small space for the search bar and navigation menu fastened on the left aspect, together with your latest posts featured on the appropriate aspect.
- Featured publish displays with a really giant image, title and excerpt on the prime of the homepage.
- Minimal left-hand sidebar puts all the focus on your words.
- Customize colors, colours, widgets and more with the WordPress Customizer.
- Properly-designed meta knowledge area on the prime of each publish and a chic writer box on the finish.
- Plenty of typography choices. Pair your type with one in every of many fonts which are both legible and delightful.
- Search engine marketing optimized.
Tulip is one other minimalist theme, this time designed by FlatLayers. It contains a plain, black-and-white design, creating a chic consumer expertise that may maintain your readers targeted in your writing. The preview above is just a taste of what types this theme has to offer.
The weblog publish web page is pretty normal, TBH, that includes posts on the left-hand aspect and a sidebar on the right-hand aspect, although you possibly can choose to have a fullwidth weblog (really helpful) or place the sidebar on the left-hand aspect as an alternative.
- Three totally different homepage layouts and 9 totally different blog layouts.
- Fullwidth blog helps to make sure your readers stay targeted on your content material.
- This theme takes advantage of Google Fonts for typography.
- Social media icons are included.
Worth: Beginning at $39.
08. Wild Ebook
Wild Ebook is one other split-screen WordPress theme with some fascinating twists. Designed by NordStudio, the top result’s a minimalist, distraction-free design that lets your readers take pleasure in your content.
The left aspect of the display options your weblog’s branding and social icons. The background modifications depending on what web page you’re on, however the emblem and text remain the same. The best aspect is the place your pages and blog posts display, together with fastened navigation on the prime.
- Really easy to set up.
- Customise colours, fonts and more utilizing the WordPress Customizer.
- Inform your tales by means of pictures and excerpts.
- Add photographs to your posts and feature certain paragraphs, quotes and sentences in boxed-out areas.
Worth: Beginning at $39.
Literatum is a perfect theme for writers and online journals/magazines that want to show articles in a clean and trendy approach, with a simple navigation and a design that targeted the reader’s attention on the content.
The blog pages themselves are what really stand out with this theme. The highest of the page shows a large model of your featured picture/video. The rest of the page is fullwidth, and the font measurement is giant, all of which come together to type a chic approach for you to create blog posts.
- Homepage header features newest publish, which you’ll be able to display with a function image or video.
- Use the WordPress Customizer to vary colors, fonts, and more.
- AJAX powered dynamic navigation, which might be activated in one click.
- Customized writer avatars to display on profile pages.
- Phrase rely software that mechanically provides reader an concept of the size of your posts and the time it’s going to take to read them.
Worth: Begins at $39.
Is straightforward your thing? Then you possibly can’t go incorrect with Blogify, a minimalist WordPress theme designed by Axathemes. This theme supply a clear aesthetic and easy functionality.
Blogify contains a basic fullwidth, single column format for your publish excerpts. Readers can select to “Read More” to learn your full posts.
- Responsive design seems great on any system.
- A number of publish sort options: normal posts, video and audio posts (assume: YouTube and SoundCloud), galleries, featured photographs, and links.
- Options for infinite scroll, sticky menus, sticky sidebar, and upkeep mode.
- Custom widgets: Flickr, Twitter, Dribbble, common posts, and up to date feedback.
Worth: Starting at $24.
Impress your readers with Narcos, an ideal mixture of a lovely and trendy design with tons of powerful customization options and a processionally written code base.
It’s a multipurpose theme, but in addition absolutely able to getting used as a devoted weblog.
- A number of homepage layouts to select from.
- The fullwidth design retains your reader targeted in your content.
- Block quote designs and additional parts complement typography.
- Comes with Slider Revolution plugin, Google Fonts integration, and four totally different, artistic header types.
Worth: Begins at $58.
The Elegant theme is an easy yet elegant, multipurpose theme that removes all the flamboyant animations and graphic effects, and as an alternative focuses extra on your content. Elegant is a perfect theme for writers, artists, designers, businesses, editorial websites, and individual portfolios.
This multipurpose theme comes with loads of customization choices so you should use it for your weblog or professional writing portfolio.
- Writers will respect the theme’s fullwidth version of its weblog.
- Comes with social icons that match the black-and-white design.
- Themify also has its own drag-and-drop builder.
- Choose from left and middle format alignments, which could be pre-set for all the website or adjusted per publish/web page.
- Auto-apply grayscale, blur, and sepia filters to your pictures without modifying the original image source (no Photoshop needed!).
- Choose from grid and masonry layouts for your weblog and portfolio pages.
Worth: Starting at $89.
You’ll be able to in all probability guess why this theme known as Infinite — it features infinite scrolling. Another theme by Themify, it comes with quite a lot of customizable options, from sticky headers to elective sidebars, permitting you to create a design that greatest displays you, together with a distraction-free experience for your readers.
Non-compulsory infinite scroll for each archive and single submit view. In your reader’s comfort, there’s a “back to top” button when infinite scroll is lively.
- Allows you to insert banner advertisements in between each single submit or after a certain variety of posts inside the archive view.
- Show blog posts utilizing a grid format or the fullwidth format choice.
- Themify also has its personal drag-and-drop builder.
- Give readers an unobstructed view and spotlight your content material with the sticky header choice. It’s hidden when scrolling down and pops out when scrolling up.
- Elective mega menu to display your current posts, multi-column menus, and drop any widget in the menu (eg. Twitter, current posts, WooCommerce products, tags, and so on.).
Worth: Starts at $60.
Evoke is a minimalist storytelling theme by MatchThemes. The homepage encompasses a grid of your latest posts, using your title, meta knowledge and featured image to advertise each publish. The submit page, nevertheless, is the place this theme shines for writers.
The fullwidth submit web page features black textual content towards a white background, and a number of the pictures may be displayed fullwidth.
- 10+ totally different weblog layouts for displaying your posts.
- Distraction-free expertise for your readers.
- Use the WordPress Theme Customizer to vary your website title, colours, emblem, typography and more.
Worth: Begins at $44.
GraceUnderPressure is one other split-screen WordPress theme. Designed by the parents at Trendy Themes, the left aspect is the place the featured picture show, together with your website content material and blog posts on the proper.
Identical to different split-screen themes, the left aspect remains fastened whereas the proper aspect scrolls freely. This creates a distraction-free studying zone where your customers can stay targeted on your content without having their eyes drift elsewhere.
- Menu peaks out from a hidden sidebar on the fitting. Helps save area so readers can focus on your content.
- Custom types and customized typography.
- Cellular-first format — minimalist and distraction free expertise on cellular, expands to a more detail-rich design on desktop.
- Cowl photographs increase full display on cellular, overlaying the article’s title and description in a means that’s harking back to vintage books.
- UI, typography and contrast have been rigorously designed to supply a pleasing studying expertise on pill units.
Worth: Begins at $49.
I hope this assortment of WordPress themes for writers has helped you discover the right theme to help your writing. When selecting a theme that provides an optimal expertise for your readers, you’ll need to look out for:
- Beautiful typography, and options to vary fonts.
- A content-driven design.
- A clear and minimal design. An excessive amount of muddle will distract readers out of your phrases.
- Widgets/choices to show associated and fashionable posts.
- Straightforward to arrange.
Simply on that final point — there are plenty of themes for writers that I left off this record as a result of they have been gimmicky and/or tough to arrange. As a writer myself, who’s obtained time for that? We’re too busy writing!
Most significantly, be sure to buy a theme from a good developer or theme store. Be sure the developer updates the theme recurrently. Take a look by means of their evaluations from past clients to ensure they provide nothing however quality.
For those who appreciated this text, you may need to take a look at 21+ Greatest Free Responsive WordPress Themes for 2019 and 20+ Greatest Personal WordPress Weblog Themes For Company, Style, Travel, And Personal Blogs.